A program that focuses on preparation for Olympiads/NTSE and Boards/School Exams for Class XI and XII students
Our courses prepare the students of class 9th and 10th for challenges like JEE, NEET and RMO along with their school preparation. We aim to make them understand the concepts initiated in their present standard till they develop the required conceptual and application level in RMO, JEE and NEET.
IGNITE CLASSES offers a unique IIT/Medical /KVPY/Olympiads/NTSE -Foundation programme aimed at students of the 8th, 9th and 10th classes. This program focuses on strengthening the student’s conceptual clarity of the fundamentals in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Reasoning.
We also offer Basic Communication Skills and Speed Maths classes as part of the course for 8th and 9th classes. Our course and tests are designed in a way that inculcates the habit of application of concepts thereby paving way for effective learning.
Objectives of the Foundation course are:
- To make the students understand and master basic concepts in the subjects of Mathematics,Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- To focus on encouraging students to apply the concepts learnt to real-life situations. The programme will encourage school goers to look beyond textbooks for learning.
- To help not only to understand better what is taught in regular school classes but also to develop the acumen which will give them a distinct edge over the rest of their peers. This results in better performance inboard or final exams.
- To groom students by providing inputs on Reasoning skills, Speed Maths, and Communication Skills.
- One class each of Science & Mathematics, thrice a week of duration 2hrs, covering topics in subjects that have application in courses of JEE and NEET.
- Idea is to create interest in Science & Mathematics by interactive learning step-by-step by solving a lot of examples and make the student comfortable in most of the topics of eleventh beforehand thus giving more relaxed and fun-filled way of learning.
- Prepare the students for KVPY and NTSE.
Basic and Exercise Module
The objective of this module is to develop a thorough understanding of the concepts. This is done with the help of our study material. Each chapter has been divided into subtopics to develop an in-depth understanding of each subtopic. In order to develop this level of understanding three exercises are provided for each subtopic as given below.
- Solved Examples: The faculty member introduces the basic concepts to the students with the help of solved examples that are given in our study material. The faculty member ensures that the concepts are delivered in such a manner that all the students in the class are able to follow the subject. The questions provided in the examples are followed by appropriate solutions. With the help of the given solutions, the student can develop a fair idea as to how to present the solution for a question in the examination.
- Interactive Exercise: The objective of this exercise is to help the student, test his comfort levels with fundamentals of the sub topic. Also these questions help in quick review of the concepts learned.
- Skill-Builder Exercise: This is aimed at reinforcing the concepts learned in the subtopic already discussed. This exercise is designed to help develop Knowledge, Understanding, Application and Analytical skills of a student. The objective of this exercise is to develop clarity in fundamentals and understand the application of concepts.
At the end of each chapter, there is an exercise (Practice Worksheet) which is meant for the home assignment. Students are expected to submit these exercises. The plan for this assignment will be given in the class by the faculty member.
Apart from the above mentioned exercises, there is a collection of questions from all the chapters at the end of each book. These questions are used to develop the Advanced Logical Thinking and Analytical Skills of the students. (ALTAS)
The objective of this module is to test the students’ grasp of concepts that have been taught in the class. The basic difference between the exercise module and the testing module is that the exercises would have no time limit, while test papers will have a time limit.
The testing module will include three types of tests
- Topic wise tests
- Cumulative tests
- Model Papers
Model Papers will cover all chapters, will have all the three sections and will be descriptive in nature. These papers will be given at the end of the course around January-February. The duration is about 2 hours and will carry approximately 80-100 marks.